Well, February is behind me already. How did I do with my meal planning? Well, I did it. Was it perfect? No. Did I turn myself into a gourmet cook? Hardly. But I accomplished what I set out to do. So, today being Monday, is still meal planning day. Which I will do this afternoon for 30minutes. Perfect amount of time for a show to keep the kids busy!
Am I still making my bed, you ask? Yes! And still doing great with that.
Onward to March!
This month it’s my goal to drink 64 oz of water daily. Ok, I’ve tried this in the past and it is going harder than you think. Sixty-four ounces of water daily is a lot of water. Even though I realize that is what is necessary to rehydrate myself, it is still challenging.
So, if you are needing some reasons to drink more water everyday, here they are.
5 reasons to drink water
1. Keeps your hair and skin healthier. And who doesn’t want shiny hair and skin?!
2. Essential for your body’s overall function. We are made up of over 70% water. Your body’s cells need it to function properly. And don’t forget it’s importance for flushing our kidneys and digestive systems!
3. Decreases your appetite. When you consume 8 ounces of water prior to a meal, it decreases your hunger and thus will decrease your caloric intake, helping you to lose or maintain your weight.
4. Flushes out toxins. This can decrease the risk of kidney stones and bladder infections.
5. Decreases muscle cramps. Proper hydration will keep your muscles more elastic and less likely to strain.
6. Save money! It’s FREE. Even if you are drinking bottled water, it’s still cheaper than buying caffeinated or sugar beverages such as soda, juice or tea.
There you have it. No more excuses.
One more piece of advice. Use a 16 oz or 32 oz water cup, that will make it much easier to gauge how much you are drinking.
Are you up for the challenge? Can YOU drink 64 ounces of water daily?
Let me know how successful you have been so far in creating your own 12 month health plan so far!