I am an avid reader. One of my very favorite things to do. I usually have about 3-5 books started at any time. For some, this would drive them crazy. For me, it provides options. There is certainly not enough time in my days to get to everything I want to read. Several people have asked me to make a list of my favorite books, so I’ve list them below, in no particular order.
1. Experiencing God by Henry and Richard Blackaby. This has to be my favorite currently. Take home point: Align myself with where God is already working.
2. What’s It Like to be Married to Me by Linda Dillow. Great book on marriage.
3. Unglued by Lysa Terkerst. Great book on getting a handle on your emotions. Read it after I had my son. Much needed during that time.
4. What Happens When Women Say Yes to God by Lysa Terkerst. Fabulous book! You must read this one.
5. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Profound fiction story based on Hosea in the Old Testament. Beautiful book. I need to read it again.
6. Forgotton God: Reversing Our Tragic Neglect of the Holy Spirit by Frances Chan. Moving book about the Holy Spirit’s presence in our lives and how we have “forgotten Him”.
7. Crazy Love: Overwhelmed by a Relentless God by Frances Chan. Challenges us to love differently. I just love Frances Chan’s writing style.
8. Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend. Amazing book for anyone needing to set some boundaries within their relationships.
9. Radical: Taking Back your Faith from the American Dream by David Platt. Excellent “in your face” book about the American church.
10. On Becoming Babywise by Gary Ezzo. An absolute must if you are expecting your first baby. I lived by the book during those early days as a mom.
11. Total Forgiveness by R. T. Kendall. Tough to do, but oh so necessary. And difficult. We ALL need more forgiveness in our lives.
12. Power of a Positive Mom by Karol Ladd. Very inspiring book that helped me to look at my own mommy habits.
13. Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs. One of the best marriage books I’ve ever read. They also have a Love and Respect Conference that would be amazing to attend.
14. The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. If you haven’t learned what YOUR love languages are, you need to. Must read. They have one for children now that I haven’t read yet.
15. 52 Things Kids Need from a Mom: What Mothers Can Do to Make a Lifelong Difference by Angela Thomas. Precious book with a plethora of ideas to improve your mothering.
16. This Present Darkness by Frank Peretti. This book will open your eyes to the spiritual battle that is taking place all around us. Using fictional characters, he enlightens us to see into the spiritual world as you have never understood it before.
17. Created to be His Helpmeet by Debi Pearl. This book challenges you to live differently as a wife. Very convicting but well worth the read. I’ve read it several times.
18. QBQ: The Questions Behind the Question by John G. Miller. Great book about taking personal responsibility.
19. A Mother’s Heart by Jean Fleming. One of my favorite mom books of all times. Love her truths she expresses in this book.
20. Captivating:Unveiling the Mystery of a Woman’s Soul by John and Stasi Eldridge. Just a book every woman MUST read. Helping you to learn the deepest desires of your heart.
So there you have it. 20 books I absolutely loved and would recommend YOU read also!