TagsAdoption Become Bedtime Routine Bible Character Children Decluttering discipline DIY Encouragement Faith follow through Girl stuff God God's word Gratitude Healthy Eating Holy Spirit Home Infertility Intentional Life Jesus Jesus Christ Joy life change Marriage Meal Planning Meditation Minimalism mom Open Adoption Organization Parenting Prayer purpose Rest Self Control Simplify Smile transformation Trust Vacations Waiting For a Baby Who I Am Becoming Words
Tag Archives: Gratitude
No, nothing has happened to my husband. He is alive and well, safe and snug…in Georgia at a Christian men’s retreat.
Where there is no cell coverage and the only way I can contact him is by an emergency number if absolutely necessary. In our 6 1/2 years of marriage, this is the first time we’ve been away from each other without any phone contact. He has only been gone for 4 days. It’s not like he’ll be away for weeks or months, which I’m thankful for. But four days without my spouse has helped me to realize even more what I appreciate about him!
20 Things I Appreciate About My Husband
1. He always takes out the garbage.
2. He always brings the trash can back to the house (Can you tell I’m not one for liking the garbage?).
3. He changes the smoke alarm batteries.
4. He always helps with the kids baths at night.
5. He always helps put the kids to bed.
6. He mows the lawn.
7. He makes sure all the windows are closed before we go to sleep.
8. He makes sure the doors are all locked at night.
9. He always helps clean up the kitchen after dinner.
10. His arrival home after work gives us all something to look forward to every day.
11. I miss him playing with the kids while I’m finishing dinner.
12. He does all the watering outside (with our recycled tub and shower water of course-we are in a severe drought).
13. He plays with the kids.
14. He helps get everyone ready for church.
15. He always listens to me as I share the days events with him.
16. He fills the humidifier with water.
17. He always checks on the kids before we go to bed.
18. He helps get kids breakfast on the weekend.
19. We enjoy popcorn or ice cream together after the kids go to sleep.
20. He lays next to me every night….and so much more!!
As I was getting ready for bed tonight, I just thought, “I don’t want to miss those things my husband does everyday in our family. I want to be thankful for ALL he does for us and with us. I don’t want to wait to be appreciative until he IS really gone someday.”
This isn’t about telling you all the wonderful things my husband does for me and the kids. It’s about inviting YOU to be appreciative about the little things YOUR husband does for you and your family.
It’s about cultivating a thankful heart to recognize the blessings God has given you.
It’s about learning to express our gratitude to those we love.
Don’t wait until it’s something you would have liked to have said. Say it now. So, you’ll be sure he hears it today.
What do you appreciate about YOUR husband? Have you told him lately?